GoodFellas vs. L.A. Confidential

7 comments

3 comments

I keep staring the screen, I don't know what to do here. Both great movies, but I think I love LA Confidential slightly more.

ear
ear

When two movies are close and one of them is a Scorsese film my question mark disappears.

L.A. Confidential, no hesitation. GoodFellas just never hooked me.

L.A. Confidential for me.Close call though.

Goodfellas is much better.

Wow, talk about great duels, Goodfellas vs. L.A Confidential is as though as they get. I go with L.A Confidential because it is more thought-provoking than Scorsese's film, wich is nonetheless an outstanding gangster drama.

My favorite mob movie vs. my favorite cop movie. That bein said, Goodfellas wins. DeNiro is one of my favorite actors of all time, and Goodfellas represents the apex of his career and his crowning achievement in my opinion.

Goodfellas. An American classic from the greatest American director ever. It is so good and so real, it feels like a documentary.

Goodfellas is a classic from Scorcese; it's not his best film, but probably one of the best mob movies made to date. L.A Confidential is my favorite noir film of all time, so I'll have to pick it.

Both are among the best crime movies in the 90s. In fact I would say in my top 5 crime movies of the 90s. L.A. Confidential is great and I'm big film noir fan but I like Goodfellas better and it's one of Scorsese's best.