The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo vs. Memento

3 comments

8 comments

I need to see Memento again to really get a good feel for it. After revisiting it, maybe I'll change my pick, but just for now, I'll go with Fincher's Dragon Tattoo.

Memento hands down!

Memento.

Memento does not hold up for me. As a critical judge of Nolan's work and an avid lover of the Millennium series it is a "hands down" choice for me as well. Dragon Tattoo was superb as a film in all areas and Plummer was the perfect Henrik Vanger. Nolan's true masterpiece is The Prestige and all of his other films fall just barely short of greatness. Fincher wins this one.

These are similarly gritty films, but I think Memento is quite a bit better than TGWTDT.

it is kinda close but memento gets it for me

Memento.

Dragon Tattoo.

Memento is the better film, but both are incredible. I absolutely loved Dragon Tattoo, and now I'm doing what I should have done years ago and starting to watch the trilogy that came out 2 years earlier. The 1st one is fantastic. Can't wait to watch the other two.

I really do like both of these films....I do love Dragon Tattoo especally the characters ... but Memento wins for me due to it having a more interesting plot along with some other things it does a bit better.

The edge goes to Memento in this one..