Winners & Sinners vs. Police Story

1 comments

3 comments

I could watch either one of these if I'm in the mood for old school Jackie Chan.

Nice. I could watch either too, but I think Police Story absolutely owns W&S. W&S is a blast to watch. It really is. But PS is one of the best action films I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. And I've seen a ton.

Neither would feature in a JC top 5 (possibly even shy of a top 10) but both are still easily watched.

I'm curious what your top 10 would be, because it definitely makes mine.

I'll give it a go but I think nostalgia and a blurred memory might skew the list a bit.1) Project A; 2) Dragons Forever; 3) Wheels on Meals; 4) Legend of the Drunken Master; 6) Young Master; 7) Rush Hour; 8) Thunderbolt; 9) Drunken Master; 10) Police Story. I think that's about right; a lot of individual scenes from other movies keep popping into my head (like the two fights with Brad Allen in Gorgeous, the rooftop scene in Who Am I, the stunts from Rumble in the Bronx etc) but I think overall this is how I find it. I know a lot of old school fans (including yourself if I recall) weren't too enamoured with Rush Hour but I enjoy the first two movies quite a bit. Oh, I would recommend (if you haven't already read it) Jackie Chan's autobiography: My Life in Action. Really is a fun read. How about your list ToryK?

My bad, I'm pretty sure it wasn't you that was spewing off about Rush Hour.

Probably not. I'm not as fond of the second one as I am of the first, but I like them both. I think the first Rush Hour's a blast, personally. Never bothered with the third because it looked like shit. My top 10's a little iffy. I haven't seen Miracles or Dragons Forever in a few years, and Police Story 3 and Thunderbolt in even longer, but I know they're in there. I just don't know where to put them. I think I've got a pretty good handle on the other 7 though: 1) Project A 2 ; 2) Drunken Master 2 ; 3) Project A ; 4) Wheels on Meals ; 5) Police Story ; 6) Police Story 2. I remember Supercop/PS3 being insane, Miracles being an absolute pleasure to watch, and Dragons forever being a great showing for the Three Brothers, especially Jackie and Yuen Biao. I remember liking Thunderbolt, but other than the Pachinko scene, I don't remember being blown away. That scene alone earns it a spot in my 10 though. I've been planning on watching some these anyway, so when I do, I'll probably come back here and update the list.