Three Kings vs. ¡Three Amigos!

6 comments

3 comments

In a lot of ways you can actually look at Three Kings as a remake of Three Amigos. Obviously Wahlberg is Martin. Both Martin and Wahlberg are the only members who are shot and it's their "Lucky Day" that they have both survived by the end of their respective films. Clooney is Chase. He's "Dusty" throughout the entire movie and is the only one who would probably have reservoir lip balm in the middle of the desert. I think Ice Cube and Martin Short are both the shortest of their threesomes and are comparatively trigger happy. But, there isn't a single singing horse in all of Three Kings, so the vote goes to Amigos. Nice try, Three Kings, nice try.

I gotta say, as fun as Three Amigos is, I was really blown away with the look of Three Kings - great use of color and cinematography. Visually one of my favorites.

JKupfer311 I love the match up and the reasoning for the vote, I just liked Kings better.

So close...Amigos by a nose.

Gotta go with Three Kings here.

I think I'm going with Three Kings but I wish it featured more sewing..

Three Kings, but I love Three Amigos

There is absolutely no question that Three Kings is the better movie and I love it. But I grew up with Amigos...and I'll laugh at the Invisible Swordsman till my dying day...

Three Amigos is a classic...but Three Kings takes it.

I'll take the Three Amigos. I understand that comedy is subjective, but this film is a classic that still delivers 30 years later. Three Kings does not have that kind of staying power, no way.