Brazil vs. 12 Monkeys

7 comments

3 comments

It's the Terry Gilliam showdown...WOOHOO! I love both but there can be only one. Brazil,that movie is madder than a box of frogs and it looks amazing to this day. An outstanding movie that.

I'm not sure I'll ever quite understand how both of these films came from the same man. That is Terry Gilliam for you, though, I guess. He can reign himself in well enough to produce a work of cinematic brilliance, such as 12 Monkeys, stumble and produce a tremendous disappointment such as Brazil, which even manages to squander Robert De Niro, or land anywhere inbetween.

No contest. Gilliam is always at his best when unrestrained (except for that Tiedland garbage).

Two brilliant movies, really hard to choose one.

Brazil

brazil is better

12 Monkeys could have been great if not for Brad Pitt is just plain terrible in that movie. i like Brad Pitt, and he is now becoming a very good actor but he ruined that movie for me. Brazil just has such ambition and amazing production design and sound design that may only be equalled by sir Ridley Scott.

Can't say I love either one, but 12 Monkeys gets the nod here...

!2 Monkeys win on acting... barely.

While 12 Monkeys has 2 of my favorite actors on it (Willis and Pitt) Brazil is the better movie in every aspect imaginable.

Brazil is gilliams best and nothing comes close

They are both overrated films but 12 monkeys is better.

Brazil all day. A masterpiece.