The Good, the Bad and the Ugly vs. Unforgiven

9 comments

3 comments

aaaahhhhhh

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly was all right, but to me it felt way too long. Unforgiven didn't.

Unforgiven is great but good the bad the ugly is much better it's a classic epic story. Though unforgiven has a better story but. good the bad the ugly has better characters and full of great action scenes with a great story as well. Even though it's long the excitement keeps you into it. I think it is the best western ever made. One of the best movies ever made as well

wtf... u stupid sob...

It may be blasphemy, but I don't even think "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" is the best of the Dollars Trilogy (I favor "For a Few Dollars More"). "Unforgiven" gets the nod.

Young Clint is way more badass than old Clint.

Unforgiven is a good film, but how can you not go with Tuco, with the much bigger scope, with the Ennio Morricone score, with that classic standoff. Don't get me wrong I DO have some problems with it (the length, the stuff with the confederates), but The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is simply the more impressive film.

Unforgiven is a great film, but it can't compete with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Unforgiven is a great movie. I thought it dragged a little in the beginning, but middle ways on, it's fantastic. And the ending is astonishing. GBU, on the other hand, is enthralling from start to finish. It's easily the best western I've ever laid eyes on and one of my 10 favorite movies of all time. GBU takes it pretty easily in my book.

Easy win for old school Clint...

Might go Unforgiven here...

Clint is second only to Wayne! and Good Bad Ugly is the best western ever! while Unforgiven is a top 10 too!

Unforgiven brings emotion and humanity to the Western genre! Characters have regrets and are washed up and the tone is dark and gritty! The cast includes Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman. Three legends of Hollywood who all gave fantastic performances in Unforgiven. But I would take the trio out of GBU any day! In fact, apart from the human side of things, GBU beats Unforgiven in every category! The scope, the score, the sets, the excitement, the characters, how they cross paths and the great finale. I get goosebumps every time I watch GBU and it's also one of the most rewatchable films I've ever seen!

Unforgiven is the best western ever made. It sticks with you. The opening shot, the music...it hits me every time. The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly has never really been a favorite of mine. Great characters and moments, for sure, but way to long. Not one I feel the need to revisit. Unforgiven wins here.