The Good, the Bad and the Ugly vs. Inglourious Basterds

13 comments

1 comments

Tarantino obviously loves him some Leone, but the influence has never been as pronounced as it was in Basterds. With the way he handles the suspense, I've always kind of seen it as a Leone-meets-Hitchcock kind of experience. Landa's interrogation of Monsieur Lapadite takes Angel Eyes' intro and puts a "bomb under the table" spin on it. Awesome stuff. I'm siding with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly as far as entire movies go, but I have to side with Basterds on the intro side of things.

I'm not a big huge fan of Westerns as I haven't seen Unforgiven nor Tombstone, but Good, Bad, & the Ugly kinda makes me want to check those out too. Aside from being a fantastic conclusion to the 'Man With No Name' trilogy, it also provides great acting, directing, and just an overall awesome feel to it. Tarantino is one of my all time favorite directors but not even his witty dialogue and fantastic characters can beat out a truly classic Western film.

Some movies...even Tarantino can't top....

Nice try Tarintino, nice try :P

There's only one QT film I'd choose over GBU. And it ain't Inglourious.

GBU is a classic

Basterds for the fast paced action and the way better storytelling value.

Two of my all time favorites, but Basterds gets the win.

Basterrds but so close

I think I'm switching over to Leone.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I find Tarantino's films to be wildly entertaining with amazing dialogue, but he can't top my favorite western this time. Only 2 of his films can, Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.

I can't decide!

This is extremely close. I think Inglourious Basterds has a better plot structure, and the dialogue is wittier and more cleverer. But I think overall, GBU is better. Though this may change upon rewatching both of them

Both are excellent movies, but I think Inglourious Basterds' pacing goes by just a little better