The Good, the Bad and the Ugly vs. The Silence of the Lambs

10 comments

1 comments

Sergio > Demme.

I agree.

TSotL is one of the most overrated Best Picture winners of all time. GBU in a landslide.

I play a game every time I watch the end of The Silence of the Lambs. You know how Hannibal is on the phone to Clarice, then he hangs up and starts to follow Dr Chilton as the end credits start? Well, what I do is just try and follow Hannibal for as long as possible before he gets lost in the crowd. I'm getting pretty good at it. :)

Hopkins eventually finds himself on the set for 'Hannibal'. Trust me, that's what happens, I've seen it. It appears that Jodie Foster gets lost along the way and gets replaced by Julianne Moore as well. GBU should have been nominated for every single award during the Academy Awards. The Academy should have also added an award called 'Best Supportive Supporting Actor' so that Eastwood, The Cleef, and Wallach would have all won those best actor awards. Best Supporting Actress could go to 'Woman who loses one of her sons and her husband'; she was a damn fine actress. But yeah, GBU should have been nominated (and won) for every single category that SotL was nominated for because GBU is ultimately better. SotL is still good and Hopkins is great, but there's no topping The Cleef or Leone.

Two of my all time favorites, but TGTBATU has the slight edge.

GBU by far.

The Good The Bad And The Ugly wins.

Excellent matchup and one I've been waiting for! Silence is one of my favorite thrillers, but TGBU gets the slight edge here.

Yeah, I think GBU gets the win here.

TGTBATU>TSOTL

It's close. But there can only be one winner - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly wins.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly over the world.

Oh, my two most recently seen films. Goin' with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly here. Both masterpieces though.