The Good, the Bad and the Ugly vs. The Shining

6 comments

7 comments

What a match-up! Leone vs Kubrick. Two great directors at the top of their games. Brilliantly directed, GBU is probably Leone's finest accomplishment. Breathtaking locations, intense action scenes and memorable characters make it one of the greatest westerns ever made. The Civil War backdrop gives the story emotion and heart. The Shining is Kubrick's most intricate work with fantastic production design. The attention to detail is phenomenal, as noticeable with repeat viewings. Jack "HERE'S JOHNNY" Nicholson makes the difference.

Talk about night & day. I like The Shining, but I really have to be in the right mood for Kubrick's cold, autistic approach.

The Shining is a decent film but, like UncleFok, I need to be in the proper mood to enjoy Stanley Kubrick's work (which, admittedly, isn't too often). The Good, the Bad and the Ugly holds more appeal for me.

Horror VS Western. Kubrick wins.

The Shining is fantastic, but it's crushed here. Blondie, Angel Eyes, and Tuco are too much for Jack.

Shining

The Shining is indeed a classic, but this isn't even close for me. GBU in a landslide.

The Shining wins a tight one...

I'm choosing the Shining on this one!

Shining

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is an masterpiece, but Shining who is personal preference

Shining totally wins. It had a bigger impact on me.

I have to change my mind and go The Shining, since I've finally watched the 144 minutes version, other than the 119 minutes long. TGTBTU holds a place in my top 10, and it being long was such a good thing. But anyways, I don't re-watch it as much as The Shining.

The Shining.

The Shining is easily the best all time classic.

The Shining is easily the best all time classic.

Ill have to rewatch The Good the Bad and the Ugly, but for now ill take the shining