Crank vs. Crank: High Voltage

6 comments

2 comments

Crank was a mostly idiotic movie that got everything but the violence and nudity (and Jason Statham) wrong. High Voltage took every wrong component (or more simply, every component) from the original, multiplied it's absurdity by about a million and, defying logic, came out with a pretty entertaining insanity-fest. Even the camera man with Parkinson's added to the WTF pot. If the first few minutes of the sequel make you want to destroy the blu-ray and every soul associated with its manufacture... DON'T. Resist that urge and do what I did: sit back and watch to see how far and for how long they can stretch the madness, because boy I'm telling you, they went there and they were relentless. Big luaghs.

Hmmm, 'pot of WTFness' sounds better than "WTF pot".

Original one was way,way better.

The main difference between the two is that the original is an action film with comedy bits, whereas the sequel is a comedy sprinkled with action. Crank has just the right blend, whereas Crank: High Voltage gets a bit too silly at times. Plus, that Ria character is just annoying in the worst way.

This is a joke. The second one was just awful. Awful. Original was damn entertaining...

yes the first one was miles ahead of the second one in my opinion

The first Crank was so much fun, great action from beginning to end, but the sequel was just weird, disjointed and fell apart.

I really didn't mind the first Crank; it was a fun time. High Voltage was just too over the top for my liking. The first Crank wins by far.

I'm with Cleckley. First one's a decent action movie, the second one takes bonkers to the next level and just pisses all over reality. It's like running a sprint though a 80's-action-movie-obsessed-madman's head while he's tripping on acid. Want a Kaiju battle? Well, say no more!

I do believe Mr. Corey Haim gives Crank: High Voltage the slight edge here.

The original was fun and interesting. a good pop corn flick.