Batman vs. Batman

16 comments

4 comments

Wow. What are the odds? First matchup on loading the site!

One of the few times I am going to have to go with Tim Burton.

Prince wins.

Adam West is probably my favourite Batman. The Sixties Batman was so much fun! The music by Nelson Riddle is timeless, no jokes I love this version of Batman. It's over the top without making me want to stab out my eyes and ears, unlike the Schumacher films. I appreciate Burton trying to bring more of the grittiness of the comics to the films but I think he tried to have it both ways (esp. Batman Returns). That darker element wasn't successfully done until Nolan came along and gave us the definitive Batman film with The Dark Knight. My only complaint about the earlier Batman film is that Julie Newmar wasn't onboard to play Catwoman....

A hard choice, but i'll always vote for less camp.

I love Batman: The Movie, as well as the tv show. Grew up watching it. But Burton's Batman is something special, as is most projects he gets his hands on.

Tim Burton's Batman is simply the better movie. But at least the 60's Batman movie was far and away better than Batman & Robin.

Loved Tim Burton's Batman at the time, but I don't think it has aged particularly well. The 1966 Batman, however, is as fun to watch now as it was when I was 4. Maybe even a little more, because I now understand how much of the movie's dialogue is actually about sex.

THUD! POW!

Burtons Batman is better, the 1966 version is not bad at all, but it's more funny the serious.

Fuck everyone, my Uncle Bing will always be king.

My admiration for Adam West's Batman begins and ends with the Riddler saying "Riddle me this!" I'd gladly take Burton's film over the campy one.

The 60s Batman is what I feel Batman should be like. I'd take it over The Dark Knight, that's for sure. But I'm going to go ahead and pick the first Batman movie I saw, Burton's.

Holy quandary Batman!?! Give me Adam West over Michael Keaton. . .

Pretty funny, haha. If anyone picked the first one they are nuts.

60s Batman shows that a more playful and funny Batman can work, unlike the attempts Schumacher. Despite it not being too serious, Burgess Meredith, Frank Gorshin and Cesar Romero certainly offer some of the best representations of villians of any Batman adaption. Having said all that the darkness of Burton's Batman is excellent, and along with Batman returns it is, in my opinion, a highpoint of the Batman film saga.

I'll choose Batman (1989), mostly for Jack Nicholson.

Batman '89, no contest!

'66 VS '89, both are great but I prefer '89.

Keaton and Nicholson>West and Romero

'89 hasn't aged too well, but I do enjoy it more than the '66 film.

Obviously 1989, 1966 is too campy

I pretty much agree with most people here, I actually like 1966 more than most but 1989 is when Batman movies really started shining

Then the victory goes to Tim Burton's film But this doesn't mean because I hated Adam West's TV series I almost liked the black series but I didn't like the film that was made for that Serie A and I just can't understand why they say it is one of the best filmsof Batman that film has neither rhyme nor reason and then this film in 1966 has really aged too badly and then there are some very absurd things like shark repellent since there has been a similar gadget That film was just useless Instead that one from '89 is one of the bestBatman film ever It was good as always Michael Kilton in the role of Batman Jack Nicholson was also good in the part of Joker but in this Batman there were always a lot of killings of Batman and it was even worse than the villain of the film Baldi Ma one of the most beautiful films serves youof Batman for me to conclude these two films I give in 1966 rating 4 and 1989 rating 9.5