Unbreakable vs. Batman Begins

3 comments

6 comments

Oooo, a battle of origin stories. I vote for Unbreakable; neat to see an origin story done in such a manner. Maybe I would hold Batman Begins in higher regard if The Dark Knight didn't outdo it in every way.

JRM
JRM

Unbreakable was absolutely fantastic. There are those who think it's too slow, but I appreciated the pace; it grounded the story and it flowed like poetry. I also love Batman Begins, but I have to place Unbreakable above it.

While Unbreakable is probably the only M Night film I would consider underrated, it has a few too many leaps of logic for me to consider it superior. Nolan and Goyer's script is simply tighter.

Definitely the two best superhero origin movies around. I used to claim that Unbreakable was my favorite superhero flick after The Incredibles, but a rewatch of the first two films in the Nolan Batman trilogy have moved them way up on my list, making this a difficult decision. I think I'll give Unbreakable the benefit of the doubt for now until I watch it again, but Batman Begins could be on its way to beating it.

Yeah, Unbreakable has a few logical gaps in it (and the rationale David Dunn's wife gives for not wanting to be with David were he to become a pro football player is just flat-out stupid), but it is still a clever and unique film. That said, Batman Begins has the deeper, more interesting story. It wins here, but it's close.

Batman Begins is the greatest superhero origin story. Unbreakable is great, but pales in comparison to the Batman.

unbreakable was good but I love batman and his origin was done so well I have to give it to begins.

It's amazing what five years can do for film. Batman for sure.

Batman Begins wins and wins big