Cowboy Bebop: The Movie vs. Serenity

4 comments

2 comments

on 6/6/2011

Oooh, tough choice, this site is effing bonkers

on 6/7/2011

Ah look at that. The movie for the series that ripped-off the anime vs the movie for the anime that was ripped-off by the series. It's all so obvious. The characters in Bebop are so much cooler anyway.

on 11/12/2012

OMG I could not agree more with you Cleckly. It was always glaringly obvious that Joss was super inspired by Cowboy Bebop when he made FireFly (which of course led to Serenity). No way it was just a huge coincidence. And on every level Bebop nails what he was going for in a much better way. But I will say if they DO make a live action Bebop movie Joss should be 1st pick as director, he is worthy. Now currently Serenity is higher for me, but if it was Cowboy Bebop the TV series vs Serenity or FireFly; it'd be Bebop ALL DAY. No doubt about it. Best TV show ever (besides The Shield).

on 8/15/2013

While Cowboy Bebop is an excellent series and movie, Firefly and Serenity are superior in both characters and storytelling.

on 3/8/2014

Both are excellent continuations of so so excellent TV series! That said, I'm more of a Firefly fan, overall. And Serenity had much more of a significant story.

on 6/8/2014

Actually, Serenity may have been influenced more by Cowboy Bebop in terms of story (despite the creators comments to the contrary), right down to the naked girl in a suitcase.

on 6/8/2014

*Dammit, I meant Outlaw Star.