The Dark Knight vs. The Green Mile

11 comments

3 comments

Well this is daunting, going to go with The Green Mile purely because of the impact it had on me.

Both of these films had a HUGE impact on me. Both have casts to die for. I adore The Green Mile, and it's in my Top 20, but if I have to point to any one thing that nudges TDK over TGM, I guess it has to be Heath Ledger's Joker. These films are both indelibly burned into my memory, and I love them.

JRM
JRM

The Green Mile is incredible. I have it in my top 10, but I have Dark Knight in my top 5.

Personally, I think both are highly over-rated. "Green Mile" was interesting, but it was predictable enough that its payoff didn't resonate with me. I like that "Dark Knight" has a lot of allegorical layers, but it's flawed as well. Still, I'm taking Batman here.

I loved Green Mile, but in the end i still have to vote for Dark Knight.

The Green Mile is by far supirior. The Dark Knight is not even close to compare with The Green Mile. The Green Mile wins for sure.

Both mind blowing epics. But Dark Knight takes it out.

yeah, these aren't really in the same category but also a difficult choice. tempted to vote for the green mile just because im sick of superhero movies now, but then, the dark knight is much more than a superhero film

I don't mind going the opposite way here. The Green Mile it is....

The Dark Knight wins pretty easily even if it was Shawshank i would still pick Dark Knight.

Boy, oh boy, I'm far more in debate than I was when I commented on this one five years ago...

Green Mile

The Green Mile is excellent but it doesn't match The Dark Knight.

The dark knight

The Green Mile has much more coherent storytelling.

The Green Mile ALL THE WAY.

The Green Mile, for sure.