The Dark Knight vs. X2

17 comments

6 comments

'The Dark Knight' is fantastic, no doubt. I just think X2 is more enjoyable and fun.

I like every X-Men movie more than The Dark Knight.

JRM
JRM

The Dark Knight, but X2 is a blast for sure.

X-2 is the least awful of the X-Men movies but really, so what? Besides this is Dark Knight we're talking about here.

In the best sequels of all-time division, these two are fighting it out for the bronze medal at this point. Iron Man 2 and Spider-Man 2 top them both but the bronze goes to.......... X2: X-Men United. Congrats to the mutants!

X2 YEAH!!!

ear
ear

The Dark Knight over all X-Men movies.

There was a time when X2 was my all-time favorite comic book movie. Then it was eclipsed by Spider-Man 2. Then it was demolished by The Dark Knight. It's still a fantastic movie, but gimme Batman.

X-men 2 showed us that superhero films could be great, the Dark Knight proved it. X2 may be a fun, stylish, well acted popcorn flick with great action set pieces, but The Dark Knight was a harrowing and sprawling crime epic that changes our perception of what a super hero film could be forever. It has yet to be matched.

Honestly, X2 is the better all around film. Both are great adaptations but X2 simply delivers more range, more depth and the better action. Can't wait to see Singer/Vaughn bring the X-Men back to this quality with X-Men First Class.

X2 by quite a way.

AS I mentioned, TDK tops any film Marvel has ever produced, BUT...X2 does come a close second as far as superhero sequels are concerned. It took its source material seriously and the final act contained very few jokes and no "wink wink" moments to hurt it and try to "remind" us that it's based off of a comic; unlike movies that other hack companies have produced (*COUGH*MARVELSTUDIOS*COUGH*). One of the problems however was the rushed 'Mary Sue' progression of Jean Grey and the unnecessary, non-sensical sacrifice she made in the end, that and Magneto's switching of the plates in the fake Cerebro, which was really a "Style over substance" moment that made no sense. TDK just had a tighter script and better overall performances. In the list of films based on comics: 1. TDK 2. Batman Begins 3. X2.

Dark Knight. Chris Nolan saved the Batman franchise with this film.

Christopher Nolan redefined a genre.

X men 2

ratedvs overrated. Guess which one is which

The Dark Knight for sure.

Dark Knight.

Dark Knight owns X2 in every way..

Of all the first generation comic book films X2 is still the best. Holds up so well.

Dark Knight is way better than any X-Men movies

TDK wins but x2 is the third best CBM of the 2000s

I like X2. I do. But there are individual scenes in TDK that solo the entirety of X2