The Dark Knight vs. Casablanca

17 comments

16 comments

The REAL best movie of all-time contender in Casablanca VS the pretender. It's insane when fanboys mention TDK in the same breath as the classics. TDK is good but hardly the greatest ever.

Casablanca really is as great as people say it is, I like the Dark Knight but it can't beat Casablanca.

ear
ear

I agree with luke1082.

Casablanca. No question. TDK is not even near...

To nitpick the rear projection work and the fact that the idea of letters of transit existing or meaning anything is absurd are the only imperfections to be found in "Casablanca."

I prefer TDK, Casablanca ages gracefully but is a bit too cheesy with some of its deliveries.

Oh that is tough but I am going to have to pick The Dark Knight but both The Dark Knight and Casablanca are one of my favorite movies

I dont think I will ever understand Casablanca. Maybe its because its not my era. But anyway I dont think it could ever take down The Dark Knight.

I agree with Avenger7...The Dark Knight is a fantastic modern era film but Casablanca is far too good. I can't believe it. Its a no brainer!

Two masterpieces of their genres. The Dark Knight is a much better film though.

Definitely are amazing in their own genres but I feel the Dark Knight is somewhat overrated whereas Casablanca is one of the all time greats. Its one of the very few romance movies that I could possibly enjoy and one of my top 10 favorites!

Casablanca surpasses the Dark Knight by miles IMO...Both top 15 films for me, but I think its obvious that Casablanca is the greater film. It came from a golden age of cinema and perhaps one of the best of that era. Dark Knight offers great entertainment but its overrated

It deeply saddens my heart to see the voting so close. It boggles the mind to see a movie about a guy with a cape on his back and a cheesy voice is favorably compared to the timeless classic, Casablanca. Such impressionable voters.

Casablanca is a classic piece of film that will always live on, but I prefer TDK. Years from now I'm sure it'll be a classic in many peoples' eyes.

I just like The Dark Knight more. Sorry.

Casablanca is a classic for all-time. The Dark Knight is not.

I've went back and watched TDK again. Great movie, but Casablanca sucks you in like no other movie. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

Casablanca.TDK is overrated

I really enjoy Casablanca but it doesn't match the love I have for The Dark Knight

Casablanca has more substance and the dialog is perfect a sweeping Romance that twist and turns While Dark Knight is the greatest Superhero film ever its ending and tainted sequel ruins the chance of it being a masterpiece and its still not even the best film of the decade not even in the top 20 so? Casablanca easy!

Both are probably overrated but I'm goin' with Dark Knight.

Dark Knight for me

Huge fan of both....but it's TDK for me...via coinflip....

Flips coin *Dark Knight* Smart coin.

Casablanca all the way.

Flips coin *Dark Knight* Smart coin.

{Spam}

Definitely Casablanca

I prefer casablanca

Dark Knight beats rick and isla..

*Piccolo sees both sides of SquareMaster's coin, and makes a disappointed expression*

lol

I think Casablanca is definitely the better film with a smarter screenplay, great cinematography, and well written characters. Couple that with fantastic performances and you have a masterpiece. I adore TDK and it has one of, if not the absolute best, villains of all time, but Casablanca is just better

Tdk Casablanca was boring af

Casablanca, and it's no competition