Raising Arizona vs. O Brother, Where Art Thou?

4 comments

7 comments

My two favorite Coen Bros. flicks, and both incredibly quotable. I pick Brother ("Damn, we're in a tight spot!") over Arizona ("Junior needs some Huggies") by a hair.

One of THE hardest decisions I've had to make on here. I'm going O Brother, Where Art Thou for the Clooney factor.

This is just Flickchart screwing with us. I'm going with Arizona ("Son, you got a panty on your head"), but it's super slim.

Coen face-off time! I'll take O Brother, because there's no arguing with that music.

Both are lesser Coen efforts, but 'Raising Arizona' is far more boisterous (therefore more enjoyable) than 'O Brother'.

Raising Arizona is great, but O Brother, Where Art Thou is such a trip and such a journey, with some incredible music as well, of course.

Raising Arizona...eh. I'm not feelin' it. It's good, most of the Coen's stuff is, but I just wasn't a big fan of this one. I didn't really care what was going on, I didn't think the characters were all that interesting and I didn't find it to be that funny, to be honest. It's okay. O Brother, Where Art Thou? is not one of the best of the Coens either, but I do think it is a lot more enjoyable.

Both great Coen Brothers movies but O Brother is better

I've got a lot of time for Raising Arizona but I love O Brother so damn much it wins this easily.

Close, close one...but I gotta go with Arizona...

ear
ear

Oh brother I prefer Arizona.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Coens' comedies, they can be irksome and excessively dark for my taste if they just lean towards comedy. Between these two, I would rather pick O Brother.