Batman Begins vs. The Godfather

4 comments

12 comments

Batman Begins offers great entertainment as a comic book adaptation, but The Godfather is definitely the pinnacle of origin stories. "You know who I am? I'm Moe Greene, I made my bones when you were going with cheerleaders".

Bruce Wayne is sleeping with the fishies. Or maybe n--SPOILER.

No doubt the Godfather is the better film, but I slightly prefer Batman Begins.

@JC13- I understand. The Godfather isn't for everyone and no doubt its a miles better movie and for me, it crushes my favorite Batman film

Whoa, I like Batman Begins as much as the next guy, but this matchup is a no-brainer.

@SLionsCricket, its not that I don't like The Godfather, in fact it's in my top 25, I just like Batman Begins a little bit more.

Fun fact, the character of Carmine Falcone was based on Vito.

As great as BB is, it's gotta be The Godfather.

I have switched over to The Godfather.

I liked Batman Begins but The Godfather wins. No doubt.

Obviously The Godfather is the better film, but I just like Batman Begins more.

Da' Gawdfada'

I love the first Godfather and while it's regarded as one of the greatest films of all time, I just like Batman Begins more.

Yeah mostly Batman Begins is dull but the very weakest batman films ever while the godfather is successfully of a classic outstanding.

Batman Begins. Godfather can be tedious if you're not in the mood for it.

I personally don't see it. The Godfather is endlessly rewatchable for me and one of the most rewatchable movies out there. I think The Godfather doesn't just outdo Begins, but Nolan's entire filmography pretty easily.