Batman Begins vs. Star Wars

6 comments

13 comments

Both are top 15 for me, but I gotta go with Begins.

Star Wars. Batman Begins was a bit of a bore.

Star wars is probably the better movie, but if I had to pick which one I would rather sit and watch today, it would be batman.

Star wars is probably the better movie, but if I had to pick which one I would rather sit and watch today, it would be batman.

Batman Begins is one of the most infinitely re-watchable films ever made. A richly textured, incredibly deep, thought provoking character study and an adrenaline pumping action film with a fascinating protagonist and Oscar level supporting talent surrounding him. The film hits the ground running and never stops, revealing phenomenal depth between Bruce and various characters, ending with a sensational climax. The remarkable thing about Nolan's films is that they each feel like a complete film unto themselves, where no sequels are needed, and yet, at the same time, like setups to future films we're dying to see. That is a remarkable talent, not to mention that he took one of the most infamous, predictable scenes in all comics (Bruce's parents being shot) and was able to make it nerve-wracking and unsure of the outcome; absolute genius. The best superhero origin film EVER made and the best CBM in general next to the Dark Knight, the iconic film it laid the groundwork for. Bravo, Nolan!

Hey, Christopher Nolan is great, but nothing beats Star Wars.

I'll pick Star Wars here without much hesitation

I know I'm wrong here but I do not understand the greatness of Star Wars. Batman is my favorite hero. Easy win here.

Batman Begins' quasi-art film mentality was ballsy stuff at the time. No cheap action, no ridiculous bat cards -- just old-fashioned storytelling of the highest quality. Gotta go with the Bat.

Luke and the gang > Bruce Wayne.

Star Wars for me also.

Batman doesn't have the force. Case Closed.

I'm switching over to Star Wars.

I think Begins is better.

Star Wars wins here all the time. Batman Begins is nothing compared to Star Wars.

star wars, easy

Not a fan of either of these films. I'd choose Batman Begins because it's more modern.

Star Wars for sure

Star wars

Two installments from two of my favorite trilogies ever. Star Wars takes this one.

Batman Begins is very overrated crap and very dislikeable for every matchup, any Star Wars crushes here.