Batman Begins vs. Following

4 comments

4 comments

And the better Christopher Nolan movie is...Batman Begins.

Following was a great debut, up there with PTA's Hard Eight and Aronofsky's Pi. Batman Begins is the best superhero origin story ever made and a top contender for best origin story period.

Batman Begins didn't impress me much. I love Following.

I'm with Boonmee on this one. Although I didn't quite "love" Following, I do think it's a lot better than Batman Begins, which is easily Christopher Nolan's worst (although I haven't seen Insomnia yet). But even Christopher Nolan's worst is still a mildly entertaining flick. I do have some serious problems with it, most of which have to do with the cheesy dialogue, some of the subplots and the action, but it isn't a bad movie. It's just okay.

Both great, but Begins is the clear victor.

Batman Begins is better on so many levels.

Memento > Inception > DK > Prestige > DKR > Following > Insomnia > BB

Two of Nolan's least good films. Following is very creepy with an interesting idea and twist but does get a bit confusing and, after thinking about the film, it isn't executed that well. Batman Begins is quite weak also but has a good origin story and helped make two very good sequels

What Squaremaster said.

Batman Begins being the best origin story of all time is genuinely hilarious. From the heavy handed dialogue about vengeance and justice to the formulaic and downright boring 3rd act, terrible editing during the fight sequences, and a cliche love interest, what exactly makes it the best? That being said, it's certainly more polished than Following.

I'd say Batman Begins is the best comic book movie origin, not the best overall, but regardless of that it's a much better movie than Following