Birdman vs. The Grand Budapest Hotel

2 comments

4 comments

Ok, having not yet seen Boyhood, these are shaping up to be my favourite "awards" movies of 2014-15. Both offer things which have/had not previously seen in cinema, but equally, both are highly entertaining and accessible, though Birdman maybe slightly less so. If however I were given the choice to watch one again, right now I would definitely go with The Grand Budapest Hotel. I was always a bit cynical about Wes Anderson's style, but this film definitely one me over. My opinion could change, but that's how it is for now.

I seen all best films nominated. The Grand Budapest Hotel and Birdman are greats in technical categorys. In this, i go with Budapest Hotel, my 3rd option

Grand Budapest

The Academies will look bad for picking Birdman, but neither is my preferred final product.

I liked The Grand Budapest Hotel, but not as much as most people. I'm just not much of a fan of Wes Anderson. Birdman was great though and gets the easy win here.

Birdman in a hearbeat, for me. Didn't really care for The Grand Budapest Hotel or most of Wes Anderson's work in general.

LOL. This matchup is popular

Both are the best movies of 2014 thanks to Searchlight Pictures and Edward Norton