The Day After Tomorrow vs. The Matrix Revolutions

6 comments

10 comments

eh...

Get this thing off the site will you?

No, we can't get Matrix Revolutions off the site. When you rate a movie as worse than Revolutions, it shows how AWFUL that movie must truly be. As the great philosopher Beavis once said, "If we didn't have the channels that sucked, how would we know what channels are cool?"

there needs to be a "crap" button, you dont say which one is better, but they are just both crap...lol

Is there a question? Matrix 2 and 3 sucked majorly.

as bad as the Reloaded and Revolutions are, they aren't half as bad as The Day After Tomorrow. That movie is worse than terrible.

See, everyone hates on the Matrix sequels, but you know what? I think their flaws are indicative of what great movies they were compared to everything else. The Day After Tomorrow is an anybody-could-have-made-it disaster flick, but the Matrix films are unique in film for transforming the way a genre is filmed but also how we think about a genre. The future of action/sci-fi films is indellibly linked to this franchise, and when viewed for what they are instead of what they are not, these films still manage to be a cut above the average action film.

The Matrix Revolutions, though flawed, is a million times better than almost anything Emmerich can dream up.

there's much more imagination on display in the matrix revolutions than in the conventional one weekend affair that si ''day after tomorrow''. meaby in a few more years poeple might look back on revolutions and say '' hell, at least it haves giant robots''.

The universal hate for The Matrix sequels still confuses me. Digg, flickchart ... my favorite communities hate these films. I love them. There is so much depth. You can spend hours discussing their philosophy. The Day After Tomorrow is hollow compared to The Matrix. The Matrix is a mind and genre bending franchise.

I agree, I don't see why "everyone" hates the sequels to the Matrix. Yes the matrix was ground breaking and maybe we all expected more from the two that followed but were they that bad? I enjoyed both of these movies for different reasons. The matrix revolutions because of the action and the whole trying to figure out what is was saying, and I liked the day after tomorrow for showing us yet another way to destroy the world.

I don't hate the Matrix sequels. (I don't love them like the original, but hey.) I don't hate The Day After Tomorrow, either. But I'd be far more likely to re-watch Revolutions.

Can someone explain to me what is so wrong with the Matrix Sequels? I don't get it. I thought they were great follow ups that obviously couldn't top the original but without them the entire story would never be complete. When a movie introduces an entirely original idea, how do you expect the sequels to top it? Reloaded maybe wasn't great, but it was needed to get to Revolutions which I thought was AWESOME! I just don't get the dislike. Someone explain it to me.

I don't know why everyone hated Matrix Revolutions meanwhile The Day After Tomorrow was a good but not great film...Pick=Matrix Revolutions

JRM
JRM

This is a toss up for me. I really liked The Matrix Reloaded, but The Matrix Revolutions just wasn't that good. As the final installment to a popular trilogy, it should have ended in a memorable way. It was kinda forgettable.

This is the hardest decision I've had to make in a long time. They both suck equally.

Revolutions may be kind of lame, but at least it doesn't have the global warming ice age.

I hated both movies. I have to go with TDAT because as stupid as it is Revolution brought what should have been an awesome trilogy to pitiful end.

ear
ear

Revolutions wasn't that bad and The Day after Tomorrow was bad science.

I haven't even seen Revolutions yet because I was so disappointed by Reloaded. The Day After Tomorrow, though, is one of my all-time favourites. I just love Emmerich's films (well, most of them), and this one has actually something to offer plot-wise. The father-son-relationship is just beautifully depicted.

god damn it. Who the hell cares????

Ah, they're both horrible!!!

Ah, good terrible movie versus. I'll say that Day After Tomorrow is better. The worst crime it commits is having a lame third act (you gotta outrun global warming!!!!). Revolutions is pretty bad on many accounts. It totally loses track of what made the first film great and at least Reloaded had that amazing chase scene and Monica Bellucci's bosoms. Instead, we got preachy preachy preachy with an absurd final battle and...of course...blatant Christ imagery to wrap it all up. In case you missed it in the first movie, Neo is Jesus. Who knew? I remember being really excited for Day After and it started off pretty bitchin'! I think it was the wolves that first put me off. They just looked so terrible. Then, the rest of the movie was just kinda boring. After that big iconic flood scene, the movie just couldn't top itself. Maybe if they focused more on the characters and what the end of the world would actually do to a person's psyche, then maybe we'd have some juicy dialogue scenes to keep us engaged till the climax...or lack thereof, in this case. So, close call, but I'm giving Neo a pass. Team: The Day After Tomorrow

TDAT

I enjoy the effects in The Day After Tomorrow more than in Revolutions.