Appaloosa vs. 3:10 to Yuma

1 comments

5 comments

Two modern Westerns that really disappointed. Love both casts maybe that's why the lackluster stories both delivered hurt more than usual. I'll say Yuma because Crowe was damn good as usual.

Disappointed huh? I thought these were both better than I expected. Appaloosa was good, I really liked Viggo's character but the 3:10 remake wins this one easy.

Disappointed? Huh. 3:10 to Yuma got me to start watching some Westerns again, and actually led me directly to Appaloosa. I was surprised at how much I did enjoy the latter (Westerns have never been my genre), but to me, Yuma was just so much damn fun. And the tag-team of Crowe and Bale just knocks it out of the park.

I really like both of these movies too, I'm having a hard time deciding which one to choose I love 3:10 to Yuma but I think I'll give some love to Appaloosa just to be different.

ear
ear

3:10 to Yuma is the best Western in years.

I've always liked Westerns, but I'm finding that the modern western doesn't actually hold my attention much. But I did enjoy 3:10, and sadly Appaloosa just put me to sleep.

Loved 'em both...but Yuma...just a smidge more...

"and sadly Appaloosa just put me to sleep." I totally agree with Agentgabs here!