Rear Window vs. On the Waterfront

6 comments

3 comments

Two great classics head to head from 1954!

On the Waterfront absolutely..... fyi i hate rear fucking window

On the Waterfront is one of the most awful and boring movies ever.... Rear Window is far better.

Rear Window...my favorite Hitchcock....

Both are great classics from 1954. I prefer Rear Window.

"Rear Window" is one of the absolute pinnacles of cinema. I love "On the Waterfront" too, but it's just a great melodrama with a leading performance that is better than the movie. "Rear Window" operates on all cylinders with brilliant subtext and deep implications while delivering more excitement than nearly any popcorn movie.

The story to both films is amazing, simplistic yet effective. Performances are awesome but Brando over Stewart. However, Hitchcock's direction is superior so it wins here! Two of the best films from 1954. C'mon, 1954 was an amazing year for films.

Rear Window was robbed at the Oscars big time. That said, On the Waterfront is awesome but I prefer Rear Window.

Classic battle here! Love both these greats. Waterfront's story, dialogue, and acting is better than Rear Window's. Brando put on an all-world performance. Love Rear Window, but Waterfront for me.

Both are good but Rear Window is the clear winner for me.

Rear Window is way better

James Stewart with Grace Kelly is also way better than Marlon Brando with Eva Marie Saint. Rear Window beats On the Waterfront by many miles.

Tough one. Love Brando but this is no contest

On the waterfront for me. The entirety of rear window was nothing but foreplay until the ending which kind of made it a bit boring.

On the waterfront by a lot.