Gone Girl vs. Django Unchained

8 comments

6 comments

Two of the best of the decade thus far. Django wins it for me though.

Gone Girl was good but no where near as good as Django Unchained.

Two of my favorites of the 2010s thus far from two of my fav directors. GG for now, but it's close.

I like Gone Girl I don't really love it plus the ending was pretty disappointing this one goes to Django easily

Gone Girl was more enchanting and was more entertaining to me.

I'll take the elegance of Gone Girl here.

I had a pissed first viewing of django.I hated it now after this years i have come in terms with it i wont be rewatching it any time soon though(i might never rewatch it again).It was a fun movie.Gone girl though having plot holes had a better structural narrative .Story was engrossing.Neil Patrick Harris murder scene still give me chills .Finale was good too.is it Finchers best ? In my opinion NO.but still it is quite good and gets my vote here

Django for me, Though I really dig Gone Girl.

Django takes the win here. Great stuff in both of these movies though.

Another close one, but leaning Gone Girl here....

Django Unchained

Django Unchained is Tarantino at his worst: vulgar, violent, and ignorant of history. Gone Girl is a half-hour too long and has immense problems in the third act, but it wins this easily.

ear
ear

Not as fond of Django as some and I loved Gone Girl.

Django Unchained>Gone Girl

Really liked Gone Girl's atmosphere of day-to-day melancholy.

Gone Girl is more polished, more engaging, more thrilling, better performances, etc.

Both are absolutely amazing, but for some reason I'm picking Django over GG. Maybe I just enjoy the subtle yet scathingly sharp critique of the ideology behind slavery.