The Social Network vs. Winter's Bone

7 comments

2 comments

on 11/7/2010

Wow, two amazing powerful, well acted and directed movies that could very well become major Oscar contenders. Winter's Bone was great because it was set in a place so different from my life, and The Social Network had easily the best script of the year. Social Network takes it, because of the overall better acting and direction, but mad props to Winter's Bone.

on 8/15/2011

Both great movies of the year. I think Social Network will be the more influential movie in the long run. But WATCH winter's bone, It'll rasp you to the core.

on 8/15/2011

Winter's Bone is great for what it is and does deserve a fair amount of praise. But TSN is great as a film in general.

JRM
JRM

on 11/18/2011

Winter's Bone had its cinematography and performances going for it. That's it. I really don't see why it got so much praise; as a film it suffered from poor pacing, zero tension, an uninteresting story, and ... nothing happens! Lol. I was sitting there waiting for the movie to really pick up but before I knew it it was over. The Social Network, on the other hand, was riveting from start to finish.

on 2/21/2012

Yes, quite. Winter's Bone is something of a sloth, but it's short enough not to drag too, too much. The Social Network? Well, not much that I can really add; it's just a fucking entertaining watch.

on 2/22/2012

Another victory for the Network...Winter's Bone was good, but far from great...

on 2/22/2012

Winter's Bone is overrated. Social Network is near perfection. It's an easy one.

on 4/10/2012

Social Network is a film that really embraces a modern aspect of film-making and I love it through and through. Winter's Bone on the other hand gave me chills (no pun intended). It embraces a powerful story head on revealing, through superb acting, a soul. A soul that leads the way in a character driven story about innocence, evil, and maternal good. Winter's Bone may not be the better movie, but it is definitely my favorite of the two.

on 3/3/2015

Both films are very powerful and showcase characters in cynical and challenging objectives. Among my favourites of 2010, with the highlight being their lead characters' unbelievable performances. The two best male and female performances of that year for sure!

on 4/15/2018

Winter's Bone is a much better film. I thought Social Network was boring.

ear
ear

on 4/15/2018

Two excellent films with a slight edge to The Social Network.