X-Men: Apocalypse vs. Captain America: Civil War

0 comments

10 comments

Civil War wins out because characterization built over a series of several films pay off, whereas the X-men film still has the problem that has plagued all the X-Men films - very poor characterization for most of its supporting cast members. Civil War proves that Bryan Singer can no longer use "number of characters" as an excuse.

I liked X-Men: Apocalypse more than I thought I would, but it still has no chance in this matchup.

I thought Civil War was pretty good, but massively overpraised. Apocalypse on the other hand doesn't get the credit it deserves. X-Men for me.

Civil War is a flat out masterpiece. Still, I liked X-Men Apocalypse. Both films are two of the best adventure films of 2016. It's just Civil War did it better and is FAR more complex and balanced.

Adoy.

Decent MCU film VS The Worst X-Men ensemble film. Civil War for sure.

Captain America: Civil War is pure greatness. X-Men: Apocalypse has some cool moments but it's not in the same league.

Civil War is one of the only MCU movies I can actually stand! Apocalypse is on the same quality as one of the weaker MCU movies! An incoherent and soulless mess!

Civil War is a pure masterpiece. Apocalypse isn't.

X-Men: Apocalypse is disappointing. Civil War wins

I don't really like Civil War but it's definitely a thousand times better than X-Men Apocalypse