X-Men: Apocalypse vs. Apocalypse Now

5 comments

6 comments

I love the smell of mutants in the morning. Yeah, this match up has to happen. I really enjoyed both of these films.

Rac
Rac

Apocalypse. Now. True cinematic masterpiece. Apocalypse. Mutants. Just an alright chapter in the franchise.

Apocalypse Then!

Apocalypse Now is in my top 10. X-Men Apocalypse, while pretty good fun doesn't come close to sniffing that area

One film created by the man who directed Usual Suspects the other by the man who created The Godfather. Actually a richer match up then people think.

What a bloated, cliched, miserable end to a potentially great trilogy. Hang your head in shame Bryan, there's no Rush Hour guy to blame this time.

X-Men delivered as with all the Singer X-Films.

The fact that Apocalypse Now only leads by 4-3 against X-Men: Apocalypse, on a site dedicated to the love of cinema, worries me a tiny bit too much... At least it's 5-3 now.

X-Men for better pacing

I really like Apocalypse Now. While I understand it's a classic and technically the "better" film, I like X-Men just a touch more.

Apocalypse Now has some of the best scenes I've seen in any war film ever: The Ride of the Valkyries scene and Colonel Kurtz's monologue near the end. The movie gives me chills and haunts me like very few other war films do. I don't hate X-Men: Apocalypse; I quite enjoyed it more than most, but the last act DRAGS. I am with Nils98 that this voting is too close to comfort, so I will give another win for Apocalypse Now.

The fact that people chose a worthless marvel movie over a masterpiece really tells what is happening to this generation's moviegoers.