True Romance vs. The Last Boy Scout

5 comments

1 comments

True Romance wins

RIP Tony Scott. Two 90's classics. True Romance for the victory. Just squeaks by...

So someone paid $1.75 million for the screenplay to Last Boy Scout, huh? I'm no Tarantino fan, but his True Romance screenplay is by far the better one...

The Last Boy Scout was one of the best 90's action screenplays, I think. But I think Shane Black's awesome, in general, so... I dunno, True Romance wins decisively, but I really, really dig LBS. Pacing's great, it's got Bruce at his action-star-best. And credit where credit is most certainly due - the movie has got some of The--Best fucking one-liners in the history of one-liners. Opinions are like assholes, but that's some sharp shit. But yeah, I like True Romance too much for it to lose. Sweet Tarantino dialogue, AWESOME cast of characters (I don't care what anybody says, Christian Slater was cool in his day). What's not to like? Either way, you're in for a good time. All hail Tony Scott.

One of my problems with LBS was all the one-liners - I've never seen a film with so many before! Some critics said LBS was "misogynistic" - I didn't see that at all. The film had a few disagreeable females as primary characters, but that's not woman-hating, sometimes that's life.

The Last Boy Scout was great, its script especially. Talk about amazingly awesome dialogue. It easily beats Tarantino's True Romance script, in my opinion. Shane Black is the man. FRIDAY NIGHT'S A GREAT NIGHT FOR FOOTBAAALL...