Saving Private Ryan vs. Terminator 2: Judgment Day

4 comments

4 comments

damn this is tough. such love for both, LITERALLY whenever T2 is on tv i'll stop everything and watch it, or bring it up in 720p on my computer. SPR is soooo good too and really tugs at your heart. Love Tom Hanks in everything. um......gotta go with Saving Private Ryan here.

crap

this is a hard to pick. both are in my top ten. T2 is nonstop action and very entertaining and on the other hand SPR has a couple cool action scenes, but is a little slow(great movie still). I gotta go with T2

I prefer Judgement Day.

T2 for the sweep

Saving private rtan gets the wins here.But taking nothing away from T 2 it's still the greatest action movie ever made

SPR and T2 have just about everything one could possibly ask for in an action masterpiece: virtuoso directing, accomplished cinematography, timeless visual effects, perfectly constructed set pieces, impeccable sound design, high stakes, emotionally draining violence, thematically cathartic weapons and warfare, thrilling stunt-work with a genuine sense of danger. Two of the most well-directed action flicks, like, ever. Then again, they're so much more than genre cinema. I think T2 is ahead on my chart by about two places.

T2 is amazing. Saving Private Ryan kind of starts to go down hill at the end.