The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King vs. Back to the Future

11 comments

6 comments

this is the hardest one ive come across

Return of the King here. One of the most epic films I've ever seen.

This is a very hard for me, I LOVE these 2 movies, both are in my top 10, and i could go either way, but i think back to the future is easier to just sit back and enjoy the movie, for lord of the rings i feel like you have to plan to watch the movie, i mean is 4 hours long.

While I respect what the LOTR films did as a whole trilogy, individually I feel that 'Return Of The King' is the most flawed of the three. Whereas 'BTTF' is perfect!

Return of the King, but its close.

The 3 lord of the Rings movies all sit in my top 20, but back to the future wins this pretty easily.

Back to the Future slaughters ROTK.

Back to the Future wins.

Yeah, Back to the Future for me as well. It's more of a fun film to watch. You can really just sit back and enjoy it more so than with Return of the King. I think I'll say Back to the Future.

and it's not that close

As much as I love LOTR...none of the films can top the original BttF...

back to the future. Pretty much the same reasons as you guys mentioned

Not even close

BTTF

Not even close

I switched to Lord of the Rings.

I like Back to the Future but I find myself enjoying it less and less as I get older, for whatever reason. For me, Zemeckis's tone and style just gets a little too corny for me. While I do find more flaws in the Lord of the Rings films as I rewatch them, I don't find myself losing any sight of the same enjoyment I first had.