The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King vs. Aliens

19 comments

8 comments

Wow, now this is a tough one. Im going Aliens, but if it had been one of the first LOTRs, then I might not make that choice.

This is hard. I love both movies equally but ROTK had a touch more "epic" and felt grander in scale.

Collectively, LOTR is my favorite film. But Fellowship of the Ring is my favorite third, and Aliens is epic enough to defeat Return of the King's excess of endings.

well, when I rank Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movies, I rank each movie like it's the whole trilogy because I like them all equally as much and it pretty much is a 3-part movie. So it's a question of The Lord of the Rings trilogy or Aliens. LOTR appeals just that little bit more to me.

Both epic films but im going with the one with King at the end.

Lord of the Rings. It is more epic and life changing than the Alien Quadrilogy. Even though it had a big impact on people back then, Aliens does not have the same skill as Return of the King.

Aliens is one of the best action movies ever made. So many movies have tried to copy its style over the years. A truly influential sci-fi classic. It wins this contest.

I'm going with Aliens.

Two of the most badass and cool movies but to me, Return of the King is my ALL TIME favorite movie for its grand scope, epic battles, amazing moments, characters and incredible conclusion to what I believe is the greatest trilogy and franchise of all time

My favorite fantasy movie vs. my favorite sci fi movie...

These are the best of their respective series's in my opinion, gotta go with ROTK.

Aliens barely wins this.

Aliens...by a hair...

Return of the King.

I think I'd pick Aliens over any of the LOTR movies- the third one especially.

Wow. Somehow, this matchup has eluded me. Absolutely love both of these gems. But in the end, Aliens just can't keep up with such an epic as ROTK. It's not knock against Aliens. ROTK is just too grand of a movie to lose this battle.

What a tough choice... Aliens for now

LOTR!

Well, The Return of the King is my favorite film of all time so there's that going against Aliens. Even if ROTK would've faced of against Alien (Alien>Aliens IMO, though it's not alot that separates them in terms of quality), ROTK still would've slaughtered Alien, and that's not a knock on Alien or Aliens but rather an indication for how good ROTK really is.

And always

LOTR has better screenplay, scenes and acting

RotK.

RotK for sure. If it was Alien that would be way different. Aliens is just fun. RotK is more than fun.

Looking at my comment above I realize how drastically my posting style and opinions have changed. Dayum.

Lord of the Rings over Aliens.

Aliens>Return of the King

Return of the king of it’s source greatness.