The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King vs. The Silence of the Lambs

9 comments

10 comments

I thought RotK was an overrated film and my actual favorite LotR film was Two Towers. In that case, I'm definitely going with Silence of the Lambs.

The Silence of the Lambs is up there among the greats, but so is Return of the King and higher too. I think The King wins for me because it is a better film in a lot of areas. It is purely entertaining and features great support acting and visuals. It was also the first Lord of the Rings film to win an oscar and the third film to win 11 oscars and the first film to win every single Oscar is was nominated for. Great achievement in the career of Peter Jackson and the late Tolkien.

Hard choice very hard, they both are great, i liked TSOTL better tho

I gonna even this out, ROTK wins very easily its number 3 on my flickchart TSOTL is really good but its like 180 on my flickchart. ROTK wins by 177 miles... wow that made no sense.

The Return of the King

Two of my favorites, but I gotta go with the King.

The Silence

I'd have to rewatch Return.

Ok I was wrong there,lambs edges out return of the king

Almost impossible. Love both as they are both in my top 30, but ROTK is as grandiose as it gets. Such a great wrap-up to an epic saga.

Lord of the Rings swamps Silence of the Lambs.

Lord of the Rings trumps SOTL

Return of the King.

I just find LOTR are long and extremely boring, but on the other hand Silence of the Lambs definitely wasn't.

Silence of the Lambs>The Return of the King

Unpopular opinion but Return is my least favorite from the trilogy. Silence it is.

The Lord Of The Rings The Return Of The King

Return of the King wins

Silence of the LAMBS is my fav. psychological thriller of all time. ITS A dark and disturbing , adult movie. ROTK was not even my favorite in the series. Silence of the Lambs wins. Better movie on every level