The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King vs. The Lion King

10 comments

10 comments

The matchup I have been waiting for. The Lion King has been sitting on the top of my list for a long time but this is the day it drops to #2.

What if it had been "The Return of the Lion King?" That would have been the greatest movie of all time! I have to go with "The Lion King" for two reasons: 1) that incredibly solid soundtrack and 2) it doesn't have an hour long montage of endings.

As amazing as The Lion King is - The Return of the King is #2 on my list and an almost flawless, epic masterpiece. No contest here.

JRM
JRM

Return of the King is, in my opinion, the greater king.

@minlshaw: "The Return of the Lion King"? LOL, I love it. And by the way, you almost swayed me. The ending(s) of Return of the King is/are the reason it doesn't sit at the top of my Flickchart, and why I prefer The Fellowship of the Ring. The Lion King is a lot tighter, isn't it? And nostalgia counts for a lot. Still...man, I can't bring myself to do it. I'm still voting LOTR, for now. At least until I see these movies again.

DAMN!!!!!! No words can describe how much I love both of these movies. But alas, I have to choose between the two. Return of the King is better after all

LOTR is #1 on my list...

i love both so much but the lion king i care for more

wow now this is the hardest choice ive had to make...the lion king has been number one but i think...now it shall be number 2. :(

This is the ultimate matchup Return of the King is my #3 and The Lion King is #2... this is never going to change Lion King wins!

LOTR....Lion King can't even compete with most of Pixar's outings...

Lion King the pinacle of 90s animation

Battle of the Kings. I going with LOTR, but not by much.

The Lion King, and it isn't even a question for me.

Return of the King

Return of the King over the Lion King!! Aragorn is more of a lion LOL! Nah, but seriously, Return of the King forme

LOTR is better! That movie is a lion king itself, lol! This is my #2 after Cloud Atlas and Lion King is my #84 so that explains it! Lion King is still a masterpiece but Return of the King gets me attached every time I watch it!

Whoa!!! toughest vs for me. My favorite animated film vs my favorite fantasy film

Rotk is the best theater experience I've ever had, theres a reason it won 11 Oscars. Sorry lion king but you lose this one

The Lion King vs. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

The Lion King for nostalgia reasons

Lion King over the worst LOTR movie. If it were Fellowship it would've lost

ear
ear

The Return inherit s the throne.