Shaun of the Dead vs. Serenity

3 comments

4 comments

Dear funny zombie movie. I love you very much...but I have a large man crush on Mal Reynolds. Don't wait up.

If I could set up a system in which I could watch Shaun in one eye and Serenity in the other, I would.

I think, even if Serenity had been a relative disappointment, I would find myself going back to it more than Shaun of the Dead because of the nostalgia factor. It helps that Serenity is a great film, not at all lacking in what made Firefly great. Zombies are great movie fodder, but Serenity is a get together with old friends.

Zombies vs Reavers. Shaun of the Dead is a great, fun movie; but Serenity gets bonus points for the sheer anticipation value -- I was so excited when I heard Firefly had gotten second life in movie form.

JRM
JRM

Both are incredible, and both are in my top 50, but I have to go with Shaun of the Dead. I think it's all around genius. But Serenity will always have a special place in my film-lover heart.

Shaun didn't need a previous TV series to strengthen its premise. As a film, it's stronger than Serenity, even with the background knowledge. Shaun is a rare film where the fanboy moments are flawlessly interwoven into the dialogue. A film for fanboys and casual viewers, even those who don't like zombie films in general.

Shaun of the dead is a british horror comedy masterpiece so funny and bloody yet the social commentary works on either side of the pond and is briiliant and relevant! never cared for firefly or serenity at all! still would like to see the show come back thought!