Jojo Rabbit vs. Joker

2 comments

3 comments

Joker is a strong effort and I love Joaquin Phoenix. Jojo Rabbit is charming and vastly entertaining and also truly funny. Also, Rabbit had a much better soundtrack featuring German versions of David Bowie and the Beatles' classics. While I do think Joker was one of the best movies of the year, Jojo Rabbit was probably my favourite one. I will always take enjoyment over appreciation.

ear
ear

The two best films of the year. Jo Jo Rabbit is funny and emotionally riveting at the same time. The Joker is powerful character study of a villain in the making in a damaged society that brings his madness to a full meltdown. Both films address relevant and timely messages about the decline of morality when we embrace anger and hate in the false heroes we worship and admire. Jo Jo wins this matchup because it is so damn entertaining that you immediately want to see it again because it is so life affirming in its messaging and approach. The Joker also used some humor to blunt the sadness in its bleak portrayal of a broken clown. Both films are perfection with a slight edge to the film I enjoyed more as the previous reviewer concurred.

JoJo Rabbit is boring, nonsensical, SJW drivel. Joker by a long Shot!

Jojo is... SJW drivel? What? No, like, what?

Jojo Rabbit made me cry. Joker did not.

opposite of what the guy said but jojo rabbit is still good

Joker is a really good film, but Jojo Rabbit left more of an impact on me, as it's more rewatchable for me and I love it more.

However. I enjoyed Joker

Two overrated pop-farts. Seriously, not much substance to either waste of time.