Terminator Salvation vs. X-Men: The Last Stand

2 comments

6 comments

Ok, this one is ridiculous, cause the both really, really, suck. Ratner v. McG?!?! I think I'll go with Terminator, since X-3 was much worse than X-2, compared to T-4 v. T-3.

As much as I dislike Brett "The Rat" Ratner I have to go with the X-Men: The Last Stand since it wasn't nearly as big of a let down as Terminator Salvation was.

The Unrated version of Terminator was cool but it lacked the story and depth the first two had while about even with the 3rd this is close since Last Stand wasnt bad fist not as good as the first 2 actually the worst in all 5 but the characters were cool and it had a good plot and its fairly fun.

Christian Bale is one of my favorites but even he couldn't save Terminator Salvation for me. Even though it wasn't the best X-Men film, I'll still take Last Stand

Terminator Salvation is quite a bit better if you and me and I wouldn't even call it a good movie.

Last Stand is always criticized by X-Men diehards because it deviates from the comic books. But I was never an avid comic book reader, so I'm indifferent to such discrepancies. It's a fantastic movie in my eyes. I know I'm alone, but I think it's better than the first one and nearly as good as X2. As for Terminator Salvation, I just can't seem to embrace this theme of a post-apocalyptic renaissance. And to make matters worse, it doesn't have Arnold. I enjoyed T3 much more, and it's considered a letdown by most Terminator fans. I loved it. Terminator Salvation, not so much. Last Stand wins this one easily for me.

I kind of agree with Nononsense. Granted, I wouldn't call The Last Stand "fantastic" (not even close) nor would I call any of the first three X-Men films "great", but I do think it's better than the first one and I do think it is the most entertaining out of the three. Not that it isn't without its fair share of problems, but for what it is, it IS entertaining and lightyears ahead of X-Men Origins, both in terms of quality as in terms of entertainment. Terminator Salvation is pretty much the definition of a "it's-like-watching-someone-play-a-videogame" movie...a mindless videogame. The whole thing lacks an emotional context, it's just meaningless action scene after meaningless action scene with a few drips of story now and then. The Last Stand is more competent in that regard.

I actually think Terminator Salvation is not terrible...but it's biggest problem is that it doesn't feel like a TERMINATOR movie. It's just a postapocalyptic man-vs-machine war movie, in which some of the machines just happen to be Terminators. The Last Stand is also not TERRIBLE, but it is that rare movie that actually felt like it should have been LONGER, because many of the characters just get shafted in the development department for the sake of pacing. (*cough, cough* Cyclops *cough, cough*) Wolverine is the only character who gets enough screen time. Still, there's enough going on there to put it ahead of Salvation which, as mentioned above, is a bit hollow.

Last stand