The Enforcer vs. The Rock

1 comments

3 comments

Two different generations of action movies. In this case i prefer The Rock, great fun.

And both feature Alcatraz (although "The Enforcer" vs. "Escape from Alcatraz" is a more appropriate matchup, because they both have Clint Eastwood). The Enforcer kind of sucks, though. It has one of the lamest and laziest executed foot chases I've ever seen, the female side-kick is pointless, the villains suck, the plot is confusing, and unlike the other Dirty Harry films, The Enforcer never grabs you by the balls, so to speak. It tries to, but it fails. The Enforcer is without a doubt the weakest of the Dirty Harry films. It's simply not entertaining, which is ironic considering it's the shortest of the series. The Rock on the other hand is very entertaining, thanks to the combination of Sean Connery and Nic Cage and a fantastic car chase. I mean yeah, it's often stupid and melodramatic, but eh, I don't mind it too much. This one's easy.

In my opinion, the best Harry movies are Dirty Harry and Sudden Impact. The rest range from mediocre, to awful. The Rock easily.

The Enforcer was a nice movie Imo, and Clint Eastwood was awesome per usual. Anyways, The Rock had Connery and Cage, and it was a really fun movie. One of the best action movies from the last generation.

Just having watched The Enforcer, I felt I liked it (slightly) better than Magnum Force. (Sudden Impact and The Dead Pool are still in the queue.) Still, here it's no contest. The Rock is Top 30 material for me.