Step Brothers vs. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

8 comments

7 comments

The matchup of two movies that should have been really good, yet sucked terribly.

Step Brothers was horrible. I even prefer the most annoying characters of Episode 1 over that crap.

Stepbrothers was just hilarious and I still will never love Episode 1

"I have a belly full of white dog crap in me, and now you lay this shit on me?" That quote is but only a sample of the comedic gold that can be found in Step Brothers. If Darth Maul would have killed either John C. Reilly or Will Ferrell in Step Brothers, then I would have felt sad. Because they both brought joy to me. Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson were boring in The Phantom Menace. When Neeson was killed by Darth Maul, I felt general concern for him as a human being, but he didn't really add anything to our viewer/movie character relationship. Only the cold-blooded murder of Jar Jar Binks by Maul could have inspired as much happiness as Step Brothers did.

ear
ear

Here I go again having to defend the less than perfect Star Wars edition but better than the crap films people keep pairing against it. Get over Jar Jar!

Getting over Jar Jar would be like getting over a festering boil on my backside that just won't go away.

ear
ear

But did he really ruin the movie?

Not single-handedly. But he was another drop of poison that brought about the movie's demise. (Actually, more like a table spoon of poison.)

Star Wars, no question about it. It was crap in comparison, but overall pretty decent, despite the dungans.

Perhaps I'm too much of an original Star Wars trilogy fangirl but you're never going to convince me that The Phantom Menace wasn't a steaming pile of dog shit.

The Phantom Menace is very entertaining. I saw that movie as a kid in cinemas and couldn't get enough of it, still holds a place in my heart today.

I only like the final battle in Episode I. Love all of Step Brothers.

Step Brothers was pretty good I didn't love it like everyone else did but it's definitely better than The Phantom Menace

Its STAR WARS for crying out loud, I mean no Episodes 1 & 2 aren't like incredible movies, and seriously people need to get off the bandwagon of Jar Jar being so terrible, he isn't that bad, and this movie even though it makes almost no sense, I doubt anyone of you could come up with an idea like that, step brothers is great too, but not better than any start wars flick

This is like trying to decide how I want to get murdered. My preference is neither, but if I had to choose, Star Wars, despite all of its flaws, feels like the lesser of two evils here.

Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are aggressively obnoxious in Step Brothers. I'm going Phantom Menace; I honestly don't find Jar Jar THAT annoying.