The Silence of the Lambs vs. Star Wars

13 comments

18 comments

Two great films , one an excellent thriller, the other phenomenon. In the end however the power of the dark side beats out the cannibalism... although Anthony Hopkins as a Sith Lord is an intriguing idea.

this is hard. my mind says Lambs but my heart says Star Wars. I'll go with my heart... this time

Star Wars may be the bigger classic, but TSOTL has better direction, acting and writing.

You cant be serious? Star Wars for sure

What? Do you really think Star Wars has better writing+acting+directing? lol. Star Wars is fun, ok. It's well thought out and nicely made with some spectacular action here and there, but to compare it to a film with real weight- with a strong sense of atmosphere, a gripping story, perfectly-placed symbolism and outstanding performances...well to do that would just seem silly to me. I can understand nostalgia, perhaps, but when judging two films based on their visible merits, I think the choice between these is clear- Jonathan Demme's The Silence of the Lambs.

Silence of the lamb is an ok movie with a fantastic vilain that makes it good by itself

The Silence of the Lambs has better acting, but Star Wars has the edge in every other area.

Star Wars ain't Citizen Kane, but it sure is as hell is more fun, and that's what counts (...for me). Just as it is more fun and less annoying than The Silence of the Lambs.

sure as hell*.

They're both fantasy flicks. What gives?

Yeah, this is a "You can't be serious? lol" discussion for me as well, Boonmee. The Silence of the Lambs is a far better film in all the ways that count for me.

Silence is quite possibly my favorite thriller, but it still can't beat Star Wars.

Silence over Star Wars. A better matchup would feature Silence vs. Empire.

I just watched both of these yesterday and I still prefer Star Wars, but both are simply amazing.

Star Wars outshines Silence.

I do think I like Silence better.

Star Wars for sure.

Star Wars may have together with Godfather the best plot and story of all time

im not sure why?cause i love Silence! but I feel Star Wars is more enjoyable and rewatable!

Hannibal is having an old friend for dinner, Darth Vader.

(X) Silence of the Lambs definitely (X) Absolutely Silence (X) All the way (X) By miles

Silence of the lambs easy

Silence of the Lambs.

WOW!!!!! I didn't think this question would be hard for me. Silence is technically the better movie, But Star Wars did far more for cinema than silence ever would. ....................I'm going to go with what's technically better. I'm choosing Silence.

Star Wars for me. I just enjoyed it more.

People tend to forget Silence of the Lambs won the big 4 Best actor ,directer,actress , picture.Anthony Hopkins might just play the most memorable character in that entire decade.I find it so hard to pick when the 2 movies are so different.....Apples and oranges really...I got to take star wars.It was just such a monster of a film and way ahead of its time.....But never underestimate Silence of the Lambs.I watched it the other day and it really holds up all these years later

People tend to forget Silence of the Lambs won the big 4 Best actor ,directer,actress , picture.Anthony Hopkins might just play the most memorable character in that entire decade.I find it so hard to pick when the 2 movies are so different.....Apples and oranges really...I got to take star wars.It was just such a monster of a film and way ahead of its time.....But never underestimate Silence of the Lambs.I watched it the other day and it really holds up all these years later

SOTL.

ear
ear

Star Wars is phenomenal and hard to beat.

Silence will beat almost all things and Star Wars. Silence of the Lambs>Star Wars

Star Wars>Silence Of The Lambs

Silence of the Lambs a better story thriller film, Star Wars the original ain't a better effort here.

Silence of the Lambs a better story thriller film, Star Wars the original ain't a better effort here.

The Silence of the Lambs.