The Silence of the Lambs vs. Memento

8 comments

12 comments

Another toughey! :(

Perhaps the greatest villains of all time against one of the greatest story structures of all time.

Only one of these films is a great movie which didn't spawn a horrendously long list of sequels and wanna-be's.

Who to choose? The brilliant work/mind of Christopher Nolan or the amazing acting of my idol, Anthony Hopkins? Well, sorry Anthony, but not today.

silence of lambs is well-made thriller film with obvious, well-acted psychological overtones (liked the book better but that's apples and oranges: adaptation for screen was skillful). on subject of apples and oranges, I see no reason for juxtaposition of these 2 films. OK, in the limited vocabulary of film hype, they might both be promoted as "psychological thrillers," but that's all the two have in common: a Hollywood catchphrase. Please explain to us why you chose to make a contest out of these 2 films? It's not like asking which is better? 'Where the boys are' vs 'Beach blanket Bikini.' ps. 'WTBA' aces out 'BBB' in this schlock genre on cast and production values.

Im going with Memento.

Never understood the big deal about Silence. Memento is an astonishing achievement.

Color me surprised. I had a feeling Memento would win, but I thought The Silence of the Lambs would get more than just one vote.

I think I have to go with The Silence of the Lambs on this one. Boonmee and I agree on something!

Memento, tough one but only because John G told me to pick this one

Wow... don't do this to me.

I'm going with Memento as well.

Easy Silence all the way

Crazy matchup. As much as I love Silence, Memento tops it. One of the most unique, mind-bending movies I've ever seen.

Silence

Memento

Hannibal Lecter eats Christopher Nolan alive.

Memento narrowly beats out Lambs.

Yeah, gotta go Memento here

Both are amazing but I'm siding with Memento.

Memento just

close but I will go with memento for now