The Silence of the Lambs vs. American Psycho

6 comments

5 comments

Good matchup. Silence wins for me though..

Bateman slaughters Lecter.

American Psycho all the way.

Two of the greatest serial killer films with equally astounding performances. It's really frickin' tough to choose, but for now I think I lean (barely!) towards American Psycho, if only for how I find it to be a deeper and more thought-provoking film thanks to its social commentary. Absolutely adore both, mind you.

Agree with TheKippFather. I prefer the thought provoking American Psycho and it's deep social commentary!

Silence for me.

American Girl over American Psycho. I do think Psycho is a underrated masterpiece, but oh shit, that American Girl scene was incredible and it's better than any musical scenes in Psycho. And that's saying a lot.

ear
ear

Psycho was clever and brilliantly cynical but Silence of the Lambs still wins this matchup.

Nearly impossible to choose. Silence is a movie you have to see; Psycho is a movie I'd want you to see. I'll take the dark satire over the psychological thriller and keep Psycho ranked higher for now, but it's a coin toss between the movies themselves.

I'd take Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter over Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman, but I'll take American Psycho over Silence of the Lambs because of the clever comedy and dark drama.

Silence might be a better film but I didn't find it as memorable as American Psycho, even it Hopkins did a better job than Bale. Psycho is just too damn funny,