The Silence of the Lambs vs. 2001: A Space Odyssey

6 comments

11 comments

My 5,000th ranking on Flickchart, and not a bad battle.

ear
ear

The silence of space is more intriguing. 2001 a space Masterpiece........

Silence is a brilliant movie, but this really isn't a contest. There are very few movies that can challenge 2001. Seeing for the 12th or 15th time, my mouth still hangs open.

Wow, two classics that could not be more different. 2001 is so epic and operatic, while Silence is gritty and cerebral. The performances in Silence are definitely better, with both Hopkins and Foster workings so well together to make Clarice and Hannibal so iconic. Had either of their characters been played differently, the film may not have worked. That being said, I'm going to go with 2001 for the pure experience of the film. It left my mouth on the floor, and amazed me to no end.

While I cannot deny that 2001 is iconic film making, it's not Kubrick's greatest work IMO. There's a reason why SotL crushed at the Academy Awards. Ther performances are just too powerful for me in this one....Epic Hopkins...

Im going with 2001. Just so epic and a great thrill ride.

Silence easily. Hopkins is the man.

Think I'll go with 2001

The Silence of the Lambs is such a spectacular film and the acting is masterful. No contest here.

Can't believe I haven't seen this matchup before now! Silence is top 15 for me while 2001 is top 5. Love both but HAL eats Dr. Lector.

2001 for me

Two hugely compelling movies. Silence of the Lambs is great, particularly Hopkins as Hannibal the cannibal, (I wonder how different the movie would have been if his parents had given him a name that rhymed with vegetarian?) I've got to go with 2001. Visual storytelling at it's best. So beautiful.

I got to go 2001 but silence of the lambs is great

The Silence of the Lambs gets crushed here.

2001 crushes Silence of the Lambs

Silence of the Lambs. 2001 just isn't as engaging as it should be.

Silence is a top 20 in my book., but 2001 is part of my Mt. Rushmore!

Lambs over Space Odysseys any day of the week.

2001 is highly overrated. On the other hand, Silence is highly underrated, lol.