Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith vs. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

27 comments

7 comments

The prequel trilogy improved from movie to movie, if only Lucas would go ahead and make a third trilogy maybe he could make another great movie by the ninth film.

Revenge of the Sith blows away Attack of the CLones... Anikan vs. Obiwan fight scene is one of my favorites.

these both suck. I vote for whichever one has a shorter runtime.

ear
ear

Episode 3 was a vast improvement over Episode 2. Better acting and tighter action sequences.

III wins, because its much better than II. The whole story is a great dark mood and more epic.

JRM
JRM

Episode III wins because it's simply among the best (though imho, THE best) in the entire Star Wars saga. But unlike a lot of people, I loved Episode II -- just not as much as III.

You know what? I'm gonna be honest. I like all three of them. Maybe it's because I was in the fourth grade the first time I saw TPM, but I like it. I don't love it, but I like it. Like AotC even more. And I really like RotS. It's not perfect, but I had a blast watching it. And have you ever wondered how the prequels would have turned out had someone else directed them? Here's some food for your thoughts: http://twitchfilm.net/featured/2009/06/twitch-o-meter-the-prequels-what-if-lucas-hadnt-directed-them-himself.php

Clones was terrible, but Revenge was pretty good i quite liked it, so Revenge wins for sure

The dialogue in Attack of the Clones is the most atrocious in the entire saga.

I think that Revenge of the Sith is best, but I also like Attack of the Clones.

Hmm a movie where they held each other by the lake on Naboo or a movie where they talk about that lake on Naboo? Either way its a lose lose situation. I'll pick Attack, just so I don't have to think about Christiansen in the Vader Costume.

Attack of the Clones should be thrown into a volcano on Mustafar. Revenge wins big here.

The last fight in III is epic...

They were both god-awful but the one I hated slightly less was Sith

I was always irritated by how hated the Star Wars prequels are. Neither one of these films are "great" movies, but they're both "good" movies and they're vastly underrated. Revenge of the Sith is my pick.

Revenge of the Sith wins Atack of the Clones is the worst of the 6.

Clones is an acting clinic!!!! Errrr....not. I like Clones....but Episode III is far better.

Honestly II by a hair. 3 is really the same shit as 1 and 2, it's just that there's a lot of contrived "darkness" in it and that tricked people into thinking it was an improvement. Flip a coin though, I wouldn't lose any sleep if all the copies of either of these were launched into space.

The worst romance ever put on film. Do I really need to say more? The worst prequel vs the 'best' prequel. Attack of the Clones is a big piece of CGI crap. Revenge of the Sith...eh. It's at least tolerable, I guess. It's not nearly as offensive as the other 2, 'it looks better' (as weak as that argument may be) and it has a couple of cool moments. I must admit that some fanedits of Episode 3 are actually enjoyable. Sure, fanedits can't make Hayden Christensen's acting better and fanediting is in some ways just 'waxing a turd', but if you cut out the bad dialogue and weak character moments, you have a somewhat decent movie. Now let's hope Episode VII will be good.

III. It's at least decent in comparison to the other prequels.

I agree wholeheartedly with MysticSpoon on this one

Attack of the Clones sucks, Revenge of the Sith is by supirior. Revenge of the Sith wins.

Revenge of the Sith

Ewan McGreggor may have taken a few classes at Christensen's school of thespianic suckery (my coinage, hands the fuck off) before the filming for III began. Christensen was a little better in III I guess, but that aside, there's not a lot between them.

Haters are gonna hate, but Attack of the Clones is my fave Star Wars prequel.

Attack of the Clones is a big piece of CGI Crap film. Revenge of the Sith on the other hand is the best film of the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy and it is a huge improvement over The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones but still it is almost as great as the Original Three Star Wars Films.

The Worst Prequel vs The Best Prequel. Attack of the Clones is Garbage. Revenge of the Sith is alot better than The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

It may have went overboard with the CGI - scratch that, it did, but it also provided, in my opinion, the best action of any of the Star Wars films, original or prequel. I am speaking, of course, of Attack of the Clones. People calling either movie in this match-up out for weak dialogue or performances can't help but make me laugh, seeing as I can, and often do, say the same thing about the original trilogy. As displayed by ToryK, nostalgia has a noteworthy effect upon what people think of each of the films in the series, and I think it clouds people's judgments to a certain extent where the prequel trilogy is concerned. I won't deny that Lucas went too far with the CGI in them, or that I prefer the CGI to the practical effects of the others (it's a push, if anything), but I do think the two are on rather equal footing in other respects. The Phantom Menace is, without a doubt in mind, the worst of them all, yes, but there's not much distance between it and Return of the Jedi for me, as both offended me on some level when I watched them. With TPM, I think it goes without saying what got on my nerves, and with ROTJ, it was the killing off of Yoda and the weakening of Darth Vader (who goes from proverbial badass to a subservient). Similarly, I feel much the same way about Attack of the Clones as I do about The Empire Strikes Back; I liked the action and could have done without essentially everything else. I feel much the same about Revenge of the Sith, but felt slightly less positive about it due to the melodramatic and forced dark turn it takes at the end. I'm sure many will argue that the love-story in Attack of the Clones is much, much worse than that, but I disagree. That being said, I'm not wild about either thing, nor am I what you would call a Star Wars fan on the whole, considering I only like The Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith. That's just what happens when you don't grow up watching the movies, I guess; however, I did see, and enjoyed, The Phantom Menace as a kid, so maybe nostalgia wouldn't have been a noteworthy enough factor for me to actually like them after all.

Revenge of the Sith is far better than Episodes I and II, (Not that that's saying much) but it still is nowhere near the greatness of the original trilogy.

Is it just me or are the Jedi (as they are portrayed in the prequels) nearly as fascistic as Palpatine himself? At the very least, they are just a bit too eager to throw their weight around and just a little too full of self-regard. It's one of the things that's always bugged me about the Star Wars prequels. Hell, Mace Windu getting his obnoxious ass killed may have been the best part of the entire prequel trilogy. Yet another reason to lambast George Lucas and his "talent" as a writer.

Yeah, Revenge of the Sith is the best of the prequels, but that's not really saying much in its favour.

There is a special place in hell reserved for whoever wrote the algorithms for movie selection on this one.

Revenge of the Sith is the only film in the new trilogy that actually felt on par with the original trilogy, so it beats out AOTC.

At least Revenge of the Sith had some grit. The other two prequels are an abomination.

Sith was good (separate from the original trilogy) and Clones is my least favorite of the prequels.

Clones was way better than Menace while The dialog in Sith was bad its still really good.

I have changed my mind. Attack of the Clones is far better than Revenge of the Sith, Attack of the Clones has much more excitement and cooler action scenes, for example the battle in the arena and the final fight against Count Dooku. Attack of the Clones totally wins here.

I really enjoy both believe it or not but Revenge of the Sith is easily the winner. I love how it ties the whole franchise together.

Sith wins easily for me.

I agree with JRM and Lord Vader. AOTC is pretty good, but Sith wins here, cuz it is da BEST!

Actually I only agree with JRM

"Clones" is a garbage fire. "Sith" is a little better. Refer to Mr. Plinkett's reviews of both.

Revenge of the Sith wins by a landslide. It is no contest.

ear
ear

Sith over the weakly acted and poor paced Clones

Attack of the Clones wins. Though it's not perfect, at least it didn't butcher Darth's Vader character and actually felt like a Star Wars movie. I hate Revenge of the Sith.

Never mind. I now realize the truth. Revenge of the Sith is million times better than that awful Clones. Revenge of the Sith is darker, has better much better acting, better action scenes. General Grievous is also a much cooler villain than Dooku. Revenge of the Sith is definitely the best of the prequels, while Clones is the worst.

Revenge of the Sith is the only instalment of the Prequel Trilogy actually worth seeing.

For me both revenge of the sith and attack of the clones are best star wars movies

The 2nd half of ROTS is fun to watch. The movie isn’t great the 2nd half is decent. Attack of the clones is just near unwatchable for me, and is easily the worst star wars movie by a long shot.

Leave it to Disney Star Wars and their lame new misfires to make these prequels now seem good by comparison. The best thing to happen to these bad movies.

Dangit what is it with Flickchart constantly removing my comments? Anyways, I prefer Revenge of the Sith over Attack of the Clones.

Revenge of the Sith really saved the prequel trilogy