Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith vs. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

4 comments

17 comments

I have a feeling most of you are siding with RETURN OF THE KING -- even though it was the weakest of the trilogy and SITH was the best. And you're right.

What a tepid, boring, endless mess Retrurn Of The King was. My vote goes to ROTS, easily.

LOTR 3. Even as a Star Wars fan, the new trilogy falls short.

On my list I vote for Return of the King as the trilogy as a whole, as one film. Any time FotR or TTT comes up I always vote against them. There are very few movies this decade that could beat it and sadly RotS is not one of them.

The SIth. yes it was not well done, yes the trilogy was crap.. but ROTK was just too long and dribble-ly

Return of the King was not nearly as good as Fellowship and Revenge of the Sith blows away the other Star Wars prequels. That said, LOTR still comes out on top.

Its like choosing between my left hand and my right hand

JRM
JRM

Say what you will, Revenge of the Sith is in my opinion the best Star Wars movie. It rocked in every way. However, Return of the King trumps it. It's nearly flawless (if it weren't for its ten endings it would be).

LOTR. no contest.

I have to go with Revenge of the Sith, Return of the King sucks.

Return of the King is so much better.

best LOTR movie against best of the first half of the star wars movies...if it was empire strikes back then id go star wars...but in this case return of the king is the obvious choice

WTF!?! Such a no brainer!!! ROTS is yet another poor attempt to tell the origin of Darth Vader and the Rise of the Empire. It has once more, questionable and laughable dialogue, terrible characters, a pathetic and uninspiring story and comes off as a CGI feast. ROTK on the other hand, is quite possibly the most inspirational film that I've seen. A truly legendary film. ROTK my a million miles

Yeah Return of the King crushes all the prequels, in fact it beats all of the original three as well.

I agree with what JC13 just said.

Great sequels, huh? The Return of the King likes Revenge of the Sith

This'll put you to a boiling water

Both are amazing...but I'm simply a Star Wars guy...

How come they could do the best.

Aragorn is now the king of Middle-Earth, so I'm going to go with The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. I'm having a little bit of issues with Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith because I don't understand how the good people turn to evil.

The Lord of the Rings takes the victory to complete their saga over Star Wars.

I guess that concludes negotiations.

Return of the king.

For my point of view revenge of the sith has more action and it's better than return of the king.