The Town vs. Gone Baby Gone

4 comments

5 comments

Ben has a bright future behind the camera. Gone Baby Gone is good and The Town is better. I didn't mind him being the star but I would have liked to see more screen time from Renner and Hamm.

If GONE BABY GONE had Renner it would be unbeatable. In this case, I think, a lot more tension. Did love me THE TOWN, though.

"Gone Baby Gone," hands down. Renner needed more screen time in "The Town!"

Ben Affleck is a surprisingly good directer. The Town is a good movie, but Gone Baby Gone is a lot better. Renner was fantastic in The Town, but he didn't get very much screen time. It was a good heist movie, but that is about it. Gone Baby Gone had great performances from everyone, and had a lot of depth.

Gone baby Gone easy, the town is great and brilliantly directed, shot and acted but Gone Baby Gone has the better story plus more resonance

Ben Hoofleck needs to stick to directing. Shiiieet, first Gone Baby Gone, then The Town, and then Argo? That dude needs to step out of the acting spot light for a good long forever. I was blessed with having the ability to find out about Gone Baby Gone when it was first released in theaters and, seeing that it was directed by Hoofleck, I was curious to see what he had to offer. I rented it when it came out on DVD and it greatly surprised me. I saw The Town in theaters, and I gotta say that it's probably my favorite heist film since Point Break. It ain't no Point Break, but it's cool. Jeremy Renner is one cool dude. The Town.

I loved Gone Baby Gone and Argo, so I had high hopes for The Town, but after watching it, I found it quite underwhelming. It felt very "been there, done that" when compared to the cool new beast that was Gone Baby Gone. Not a bad film by any means, I thought the ending was fantastic as well as all the performances, directing writing etc., but Gone Baby Gone is better.

The town is better

Affleck has proven that he can direct some damn good movies. In fact I love all three he's made so far. The Town is my favorite followed by Gone Baby Gone with Argo coming in last.

The Town....but I love 'em both.

Both are fantastic films directed by Ben Affleck but The Town is one of my all time favorites.

I'm finding I need to see The Town again, because I wonder how much I'm remembering the novel upon which it is based, Prince of Thieves, more than I am remembering the film. (Oddly, the book has a broader, more "cinematic" ending.) Right now, I'd say I prefer The Town by a small margin, but Gone Baby Gone is also so good that I almost don't care which is higher on my Flickchart.