The Royal Tenenbaums vs. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

5 comments

6 comments

I think I like royal much better despite that Zissou does have some great moments and who can resist the bowie soundtrack in portuguese!

Anderson V. Anderson, eh? Tenenbaums just has a stronger emotional element to it. Life Aquatic is good as well, but a little overly fanciful for my tastes. Close, but Tenenbaums gets the nod.

knew it'd eventually come down to this. i love both so much but i'll take Life Aquatic. best performance of Bill Murray's career. i like steve Zissou more than Royal and that's why Life Aquatic gets the nod.

both excellent, but zissou wins it for me.

Wes Anderson showdown! For me, this is an easy pick. "The Royal Tenenbaums" has some great stuff but "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" feels more focused and unique. Its elements of fantasy work surprisingly well.

A Wes Anderson showdown. My favourite of the two is Royal Tenenbaums.

Easy, easy pick for me. It has to be TRT. I really wanted to love The Life Aquatic, but I ultimately found it to be pretty mediocre.

I have 2055 movies on my flickchart. Zissou ranks 2054. Not much of a question for me...

It's like being asked what's your favourite child. Damn. Both are superb. Pros and cons doesn't work. I'll have to go with sentiment. Fell in love with RT first. Sorry, Steve.

Tenenbaums is what i like to call Anderson's most angsty emotional film where Life Aquatic is probably his most creative one....i really like both of them....But for me The Life Aquatic takes the cake it shows Anderson's abilities as a director more with the blending of multiple genres and not to mention it always makes me laugh and has an awesome soundtrack .

Wes Anderson really inspired me in film I love his creativity in making film but neither one of these are my favorites of his but both are really good but my favorite has got to be life aquatic

Easy for me, Tenenbaums