Magnolia vs. Eyes Wide Shut

5 comments

5 comments

I dunno. Tom Cruise was awesome in Magnolia, but with Eyes Wide Shut here it might be a case of 'lesser performance better film'.

Magnolia it is....but neither one of these are exactly my favorites...

I'll take Magnolia here as I think the end hits an absolutely perfect note to match an otherwise brilliant film, but Eyes Wide Shut is fantastic filmmaking as well. My only real gripe with Eyes Wide Shut is the way that last scene plays out.

I personally thought that Eyes Wide's final scene was brilliant. Pretty easy decision if you ask me.

Magnolia has a better Tom Cruise performance, But I prefer Eyes Wide Shut.

Respect the cock, and tame the cunt!

Both were highly excellent and from two of my favourite directors. Eyes Wide Shut gets the slight edge.

Magnolia by a wide margin.

I didn't like Magnolia - too derivative of the vastly superior Short Cuts - but my hatred for Eyes Wide Shut is almost palpable.

Eyes Wide Shut by a margin.Both are two of the best films of the 90's though,fantastic movies.

1999 was a hell of a year for Tom Cruise. He worked with Stanley Kubrick and Paul Thomas Anderson. Both films are absolutely brilliant if you ask me. Cruise may have given a better performance in Magnolia, but overall I prefer Eyes Wide Shut.

My top 2 of 1999. Magnolia gets the win.

both are incredible, but i prefer kubrick to anderson here

i love both, but eyes wide shut is in my top 20 right now