The Princess Bride vs. The Goonies

6 comments

2 comments

This is a case where I think nostolgia might be tempting me to make the wrong choice. Goonies was my favorite movie as a kid, but I think Princess Bride is a better film.

Wow. Childhood vs Childhood. Princess Bride wins, but barely.

I can still watch The Princess Bride repeatedly. I can;t say the same thing about the Goonies.

The Princess Bride, by a mile. It's a much better film.

Two Childhood classics, darn such a choice! I think I'll go with 'Princess Bride' as I could just pop it in anytime, on any scene and throughly enjoy it.

I think the reason The Princess Bride holds up so well, especially if you watch it as you grow up (like I did), is that there is so much adult humor. When I watched it as a kid, I was totally caught up in the adventure, and everytime I would watch it, I would understand more and more of the humor. The Goonies doesn't really have that going for it, it pretty much stays the same on subsequent viewings..

"The Goonies" was about kids searching for adventure...but "The Princess Bride" was adventure itself.

The Goonies better than The Princess Bride? Inconceivable!!!

ear
ear

It is not inconceivable when you just don't like The Princess Bride.....(sorry Bride lovers).