Kick-Ass vs. Spider-Man 3

6 comments

3 comments

ultimately i gotta vote for the superhero, and not the emo teen. kick-ass takes it

Kick-Ass disappointed me and ultimately just turned into a movie full of blood and guts than a true superhero movie like it promised it was. I'm taking the other (also flawed) Spidey.

Kick-Ass does it’s title to Spider-Man 3

yeah kick ass kicks SM3's ass

A couple of the last superhero movies before the MCU finished moving in next door and started their domination of the genre. Spider-Man 3 had the impossible task of following one of the best comic book movies of all time and I think that's where so many of the problems with the movie stems from. Left to their own devices, I think Raimi and Maguire could have really delivered a narratively tight and satisfying conclusion to their Spider-Man story, but after all the well documented marching orders from certain parties, we're left with another threequel trying to cover way too much ground in an attempt to please everyone. Kick-Ass did a great job adapting an alright comic book into a very good movie. While it has definitely found an audience, I think there are still plenty of people potential fans missing out on this one with the massive surplus of superhero movies out there. As much as I enjoy the first Kick-Ass movie, I'm such a big fan the Raimi Spider-Man series that I'll still take Spider-Man 3, imperfections and all. Yeah, it's far from perfect, but when it's good, it's really good.

Not a big fan of Kick-Ass but it does kick Spider-Man 3's ass

ear
ear

Kick ass the bar is low.

^^^I agree with everything Wade said

I think there definitely are moments that keep Spider-Man 3 from being as bad as movies like Thor 2 or The Incredible Hulk, but it is still a disappointing movie for me. Kick-Ass is a pleasant surprise